Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tin house up close

Mom didn't have any nursery furniture left. The green desk and bunkbeds are from the 1940s/1950s. The baby furniture is circa 1963.

BeyondBaffled asked for some closer photos of the tin lithographed houses. These photos are of my mom's dollhouse. I used as much of her original furniture as I could - even repaired some pieces. I also left in some pieces that my sister and I added so not everything is true to period.
In the living room I added the piano and the hutch. I had to make new legs for the orange swirl chair and purchase three more dining chairs as Mom was down to just one.
In the kitchen, the stove, refrigerator, table and blue chairs were Mom's. I had to replace the sink and matching cabinet. I added the red chairs, high chair, washing machine and ironing board. The dolls throughout this house are 1960s era and were not Mom's.
Mom didn't have any bedroom furniture left. The chaise lounge was mine as a little girl. It came with my Sleeping Beauty Kiddle doll. The bed and lamp are 1960s era. Everything else is from the original time period.
Oops, I see the hamper has fallen over. The hamper, sink and toilet were Mom's. I added the tub and put a new seat on the toilet.

3 comments:

dora said...

!Que ilusión!, poder utilizar cosas de mamá. Te queda muy bonito. Felicidades.
Un abrazo Carmen

Jo Raines said...

So nice to still have this and the furniture! What a treasure!

Jody

beyondbaffled said...

Thanks for the pics - they are great!